I have 35 years of wood working experience and have headed over three hundred drums in the past twenty years. I can repair most any type of drums you have... and if I can't, I know the best person who can.
As with anything these days, a cheap drum is probably not worth fixing. The repair will cost more than the drum is worth.
Heading a Djembe in Mali
Custom Djembe Heading
Here are the drums
I commonly repair:
(You pay actual cost shipping both ways, usually under $20 return cost)
- Replace Head - $99 included choice of skin.
- Replace Vertical Rope - $40 includes new rope.
- Complete rebuild - $200 repair shell, rework playing edge, new skin, rope, and resize rings.
- Will quote other repairs.
- Guaranteed 3 week turnaround!
- Dununs - Will quote by type and repair needed.
- Bougaraboos - Will quote by type and repair needed.
- Congas - Will quote by type and repair needed.
Doumbeks - Replace glue on head, $55 complete includes skin, $70 lace on head
- Bodhrans and Hoop drums - Will quote by type and repair needed.
You ship the drum postpaid and insured to me, and pay my low commercial rate back home to you. I guarantee you'll be satisfied and have your drum back in three weeks!
Call 715-263-2756 for shipping instructions or a quote!
Select and order your your goat skin below
Check my Djembe Head Replacement Page
and learn to fix it Yourself!